Take care of your Tattoo.
Our trained and licensed Artists take every precaution to prevent infection.
If you do not take proper care of your tattoo after leaving our chair, it can easily become infected. Your tattoo is a wound, keep it clean!
Your aftercare affects the healing process and quality of your tattoo. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
What to do:
- Leave bandage on for 2-3 hours
- Wash hands thoroughly with an Anti-bacterial liquid hand soap
- Gently take off bandage and gently wash the tattoo using clean fingertips and anti-bacterial soap
- Gently pat dry the tattoo with a CLEAN towel or paper towel (or let it air dry)
- Continue to wash tattoo approx. 2 times a day
- After 24 hours start to apply a white, unscented, uncolored lotion
- Use lotion only as needed, be mindful of over moisturizing
What not to do:
- DO NOT use bar soaps, they hold on to all bacteria
- DO NOT pick or scratch at your tattoo, it will itch, picking at it will RUIN your tattoo
- DO NOT submerge your new tattoo under water. Showers are fine, no pools, rivers, baths, ect.
- DO NOT let your tattoo bake in the sun! keep it covered while it is healing
- Avoid tight clothing, pet dander, scented soaps and lotions
What it is:
As your tattoo heals it may loose some ink, due to the natural way skin heals or because of poor care after the tattoo. Your Artist can tell you by looking at it if it needs to be touched up.
If you cared for your tattoo properly and followed the After Care Instructions (above), the same Artist who did your original work is happy to touch up your tattoo for free, within the first 30 days. *Exceptions if you live out of the area.
Your tattoo must be completely healed before a touch up will be done (about 2 weeks).
What it's not:
If you want to add some elements or new color to your tattoo, that is not a touch up and you will need to pay your Artist for the additional work.